Home Forums The World Am Bulletin Board Handicap Verification Forms

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jeffrey Barbas 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jeffrey Barbas
    Spectator

We are in our last handicap adjustment period before the World Am wants them. August 15th is on a Saturday. That means when the clock hits 12:00 A.M. Friday night you will be able to start filling out and sending in your forms so the WA can get us flighted quicker. Or fill it out Saturday Morning. I’d fill mine out now if they would give it to me. I just got done with a tournament this weekend and I am going to be away next weekend. Bummer! No golf! I could send my info in right now since my handicap is way higher than my low for the year or my WA index. Pretty sure I end up in flight 3 again this year. Looking forward to seeing some old friends that got bumped into the next flights 5 & 6. Hope they played well enough to get back here.

That means if I play 36 holes a day for the next 5 days posting scores in the 90’s I might actually get my index up to a 10.6 yearly low already for the 2016 MBWAM.

So you saying there is still a chance

Bob Newman
    Participant

Harry, there is still a chance you will get put lower than what you actually deserve to be playing at. My latest index has me at 10.4 but my lowest in last 12 months is 7.7, so I am giving up 3 shots per day (my WA is higher) and I think I may only be 1 flight lower than what I should be. I will take it and run with it and try to compete and have a good time.

Jay Seifert
    Participant

Blasphemy I know but I have been working so much that I have only played TWO full rounds since the last World Am and one of those was on my vacation last week. It was a beautiful course but some UGLY golf including a quad and a triple trying to finish the round on a course I had never seen prior. Needless to say, I am going to try and play at least a couple more rounds by the time the mid-month deadline because if I don’t I may be taking taxi’s home from the 19th home each night as well as to the courses in the mornings!

Jay Seifert
    Participant

Bob Newman – With this playing to our lowest index over the past year, my 8.3 index may have us playing in the same flight (if you are in the 50-55 range). I wonder who’s running our skins game this year?

Disregard my comment above as I just noticed that you are an (even old) fart than me ’cause the courses you played last year have you in the mid-senior grouping. At least that is one less sandbagger for me to play against 😉

PS – I don’t think ANYONE capable of ever having a 7.7 index could be considered a true “bagger”. LOL

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Jay Seifert.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Jay Seifert.

Bob Newman
    Participant

Jay– I resemble those remarks. I am working hard to play to that 7.7 and if they put us oldies on some short courses I might make it..Played the first 8 holes today in 1 over, then hit a bad tee shot and played the next 11 in 13 over—concentration was gone because of 1` tee ball, and it was with a 3 wood going for position. This is what is killing me but I am working on it. I am going to save this post and one day down the road (about 12 yrs) I will send it back to you. LOL

Kevin Jones
    Participant

I think everyone is going to be adjusted lower this year and you may be in the same flight as last year. I’m just hoping to play one course that Jeff plays to get my money back from mesquite. Bring on the handicap verification…. I’m getting shots baldy.

Jeffrey Barbas
    Spectator

Where you at in handicap now, Kevin? I’ll be playing to the 5.5 this year. I’ve been concentrating more on my motorcycles this year with a lot less care on the golf game. I definitely need to get out and practice before the WA. Bunkers and short game. Thankfully I have a course with a nice little practice area to work on it. And I need a lot of work.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Call Us at 1-800-833-8798