MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — Golf’s most popular amateur tournament is once again partnering with one of world’s premier resorts.
The Casa de Campo Pairs Competition is a two-person team event that runs inside the World Amateur. After 72 holes of net, stroke play competition, the top 5 teams on the Pairs Competition leaderboard will advance to the World Championship Playoff to compete for a trip for two to Casa de Campo.
The winners of the Pairs Competition will receive a 3-night/4-day trip to Casa de Campo that includes:
- Round trip airfare to/from Punta Cana
- Superb guest room accommodations, with private balcony or terrace.
- One four-passenger touring cart for transportation within the Resort during stay
- Unlimited golf at Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore and The Links, based on availability
- Full breakfast, snacks, lunch, and dinner at Resort signature restaurants
- Extensive cocktails, wine and non-alcoholic beverages by the glass at the resort’s signature restaurants, bars, lounges, and from the Oasis golf course cart
- Unlimited horseback riding, tennis, and non-motorized water sports at Minitas Beach.
- One round of 25 shots skeet/trap shooting.
- Two complimentary tickets for Genesis Nightclub.
- Roundtrip airport transfers
“We are thrilled to welcome Casa de Campo back as the title sponsor of the Pairs Competition,” Tournament Director Scott Tomasello said. “The Pairs Competition has always been popular with players due to the opportunity to play these great venues. Casa de Campo is one of the finest golf resorts in the world and we can’t wait to provide two World Am players with a dream trip.”
Casa de Campo is best known as the home of Pete Dye’s masterpiece design, Teeth of the Dog. Since opening in 1974, the oceanside 18 is widely recognized as the No. 1 course in the Caribbean and is continually ranked among the top layouts in the world. Joining “Teeth” is spectacular Dye Fore, a dramatic 27-hole Dye layout with mesmerizing vistas of the Chavon River and picturesque marina harbor. The Links, the resort’s third Dye-designed gem, offers stunning views of the Caribbean Sea.
The 38th annual World Amateur Handicap Championship will be played Aug. 30 – Sept. 3 on 60 of Myrtle Beach’s best courses. More than 3,000 players from all 50 states and a variety of countries are expected to participate in golf’s largest single-site tournament.
For more information on Casa De Campo, visit www.casadecampo.com.do