The Handicap Committee prides itself on being the most progressive and diligent team to monitor and actively police the USGA Handicap Indexes of any player who is eligible to win a prize. Below is more information on how we accomplish this both leading up to and during the event.
The Handicap Committee may assign a Tournament Index that is lower than your USGA index if the entrant has: 1) a lack of sufficient score history (see details), 2) a past player ‘World Am index’, 3) has finished in the top 5 in each of the past two years (see details) or 4) has a lower index in the past 12 months*.
All players competing in a net division must have a USGA handicap. A player is ineligible to compete for prizes if the entrant 1) does not have an approved handicap, 2) does not agree to the rules of competition or 3) handicap is deemed not a proper reflection of their playing potential.
Be familiar with the handicapping system, just as you are with the Rules of Golf.
- A handicap reflects all scores regardless of the course conditions.
- Notify officials of handicap changes prior to the event.
- Have an approved handicap established as soon as possible but absolutely no later than August 14th, 2019.
- Click Here to make sure your club is authorized by the USGA.
- Past players have index history and may be utilized; but is not a substitute for keeping an index.
- Indexes can be adjusted if scores are exceptional. Adjustments are computerized, retroactive, and applied to all tournament rounds. Adjustments are not required to have a handicap be deemed inaccurate.
- Submitting inaccurate information, regardless of intent; is grounds for ineligibility.
- All tournament rounds should be posted as such. The committee will not post your rounds on your behalf.
- All tournament committee decisions are final.
If you have an internet handicap, make sure it is USGA approved. Simply registering for a service is not becoming a part of a member club. Once a part of an Internet handicap service, you MUST join one of their member clubs in your online community. Non-approved online USGA handicaps will not be accepted.
Acceptable online services include, but are not limited to: The Grint, USHandicap, Golfnet, MyScorecard, BlueGolf, GolfHandicapNetwork, GolfSoftware (with GSID#), Golf.com Handicap Tracker (powered by Golfnet), GHIN EClubs, Golfweek Am Tour (powered by Golfnet), NetHandicap (subject to reductions), DiabloGolf (subject to reductions).
Not acceptable online services include, but are not limited to: PlayerLink, Fairway Files, Golf Channel Am Tour.
If your service is not listed please contact us to inquire at 1-800-833-8798. Need a handicap? All registered World Am participants can receive one FREE by clicking here.
The handicap committee meets daily to aggressively monitor and review participants handicaps. Prior to releasing scores, the committee and automated computer system reviews top players’ score history and reaches one of three outcomes:
- Let the player continue to play in the competition.
- Adjust the players’ handicap lower and retroactively adjust prior scores.*
- Deem the player ineligible for competition prizes.
*Adjustments are computerized and not up for committee review. All committee decisions are final and scores are unofficial until Thursday’s flight sheet has been publicized.